Terms and conditions – other courses
Aqua Yoga, Aqua Natal Yoga, Birthlight Yoga for Maternity, Postnatal Yoga, Nurturing Baby Massage, Baby Yoga, Toddler Yoga, Aquatic Nurture for Newborns, Baby Swimming, Toddler Swimming
All participants are asked to agree to Birthlight terms and conditions upon booking any training course.
Once you have committed to attend a training, it is your responsibility to attend all the scheduled sessions and you must do so in order to receive your certificate. An email is sent at the time of the booking with all relevant information. Please contact the Birthlight office if you do not receive it.
Your course fees include:
- Training and assessment by a qualified Birthlight tutor
- Birthlight Course Manual, this will be given to you on the first day of training
- The Guide to Birthlight
- Pre-course reading and tasks will be sent to you digitally
- Access to online resources relating to this training
- On-going support and connection with your peers and tutor through a private facebook group, assistance to upload your work if needed
- Preliminary certificate after successful completion of course for insurance to teach your case studies
- The marking of your coursework by your tutor who will give you detailed feedback
- Birthlight membership (See below)
- Birthlight newsletters
Your course fees do not include, (but you may need to pay for):
- A demonstration doll (required for Nurturing Baby Massage, Baby Yoga, Toddler Yoga, Aquatic Nurture for Newborns, Baby Swimming and Toddler Swimming. For Postnatal Yoga it is recommended but not obligatory)
- Accommodation and food for yourself (unless booked as part of a package)
- Accommodation for your children/family/helper if they come on the residential courses
- Teaching Insurance
Please note: Birthlight will not be held in any way responsible for the safe keeping of your possessions or valuables during any training.
Payment of fees and securing your place
A deposit is necessary to secure a place on the course and should be paid at the time of booking. The full fee must be paid at least 28 days before the beginning of the course. Applications will be taken on a ‘first come first served’ basis and students who have paid their deposit will have priority over those who haven’t. We reserve the right to refuse a place to students who have not paid their deposit or full fees by the required date.
If you are unable to attend the course for any reason please contact us as soon as possible by phone or email. Please confirm your cancellation in writing by email. To cover our administration costs, cancellation will be subject to the following charges which will be deducted before any refund of fees:
- Cancellations for courses up to 6 weeks before the start of the course will be refunded minus a £25.00 cancellation fee.
- For cancellations made less than 6 weeks before the start date there will be no refunds or transfers to a future course unless:
• the training is full and your place can be filled from a waiting list or you introduce a new participant
• you are sick or injured and can provide a doctor’s note
In these cases we will refund the fee, minus a 20% admin fee.
We reserve the right to cancel a training or replace a tutor for any reason. We will only do this in exceptional circumstances that mean we are unable to offer the training as advertised, or if there are insufficient numbers booked to make it viable. Should this happen, we will notify you as soon as we have knowledge of the cancellation/change and will refund you the full training fee you have paid us in respect of the training.
In the event of cancellation we will not offer a refund for any transport and/or accommodation costs you may have incurred. Please ensure you take out relevant insurance to protect yourself against this.
We will always consider special circumstances, which may be beyond your control, before implementing these charges. Any case will be considered on an individual basis at the full discretion of Birthlight.
We require all Birthlight teachers to have an ongoing Birthlight membership. Birthlight membership for one year is £35 annually. As a member of Birthlight you can access the Birthlight Training Resources on our website for study resources and articles With current membership you can have a discount on further Birthlight Trainings, specialised short courses and CPDs. Part of the Membership fee helps to fund the Birthlight Trust. The Trust’s objectives are to promote physical and mental health and well-being of mothers, babies and families during pregnancy, early childhood and parenthood through education, training and research.
Validity of membership
Membership is valid for one year. Each member is responsible for renewing their membership after a year’s time if they so wish to have member benefits. We attempt to send an email reminder to remind members when their expiration is near but email systems are perfect so we encourage you to put it on your calendar (also please check your spam folder).
The fee is as follows:
- The fee for annual membership is £35/year.
Birthlight reserves the right to alter these fees in the future.
Birthlight Teaching Qualification
On completion of the course
You may teach classes to complete your coursework and case studies and to practice, etc. but you and your class participants should be aware that full qualification only comes on successful completion of your coursework. You may not operate commercially at this stage, but you may make sufficient charges for your classes to cover your operating costs. You will be eligible for the Trainee Insurance Certificate only.
On completion of your coursework
Once your coursework is successfully marked, you will be sent the relevant Birthlight Certificate. You may practice commercially as a Birthlight instructor and are eligible to advertise your services on as such, for example, on your own website. You will be required to attend at least one Birthlight Continuous Professional Development day (CPD) every two years as a commitment to ensuring your continuing development and skills as a teacher.