All participants are asked to agree to Birthlight terms and conditions upon booking any training course, please read all the way through and fill in your name at the bottom to indicate that you agree to these terms and conditions.
Once you have committed to attend a training, it is your responsibility to attend all the scheduled sessions and you must do so in order to receive your attendance certificate. An email is sent at the time of the booking with all relevant information. Please contact the Birthlight office if you do not receive it.
Your CPD/Study Day fees include:
- Training (and assessment, where applicable) by a qualified Birthlight Tutor or invited guest Tutor
- Pre-course reading and tasks where applicable
- Access to any online resources relating to this training where applicable
- A copy of accompanying notes where applicable
- A certificate of attendance if you attend the whole day/days
- Birthlight newsletters
Your course fees do not include, (but you may need to pay for):
- A demonstration doll (only required for Baby Yoga, Nurturing Massage and Baby Swimming students, recommended for Postnatal Yoga.)
- Accommodation and food for yourself (unless booked as part of a package)
- Accommodation for your children/family/helper if they come on the residential courses
- Teaching Insurance
Please note: Birthlight will not be held in any way responsible for the safe keeping of your possessions or valuables during any training.
Payment of fees and securing your place
The payment of the full fee is necessary to secure a place on the course and should be paid at the time of booking.
Birthlight needs written notice of cancellation (either by email or post) if you are unable to attend the course for any reason. To cover our administration costs, cancellation will be subject to the following charges which will be deducted before any refund of fees:
- A refund (minus a 20% admin fee) will be made for cancellations made more than 28 days before the start date.
- For cancellations less than 28 days before the course or workshop there will be no refunds or transfers unless:
• the course/ workshop is full and your place can be filled from a waiting list, or you introduce a new participant
• you are sick/injured/pregnant and can provide a doctor’s note
In these cases we will refund the fee, minus a 20% admin fee.
We reserve the right to cancel a training or replace a tutor for any reason. We would only do this in exceptional circumstances that mean we are unable to offer the training as advertised, or if there are insufficient numbers booked to make it viable. Should this happen, we will notify you as soon as we have knowledge of the cancellation/change and will refund you the full training fee you have paid us in respect of the training in £ sterling.
We are unable to give refunds in the case of cancelled travel arrangements, accommodation or exchange rate losses. Please ensure you take out relevant insurance to protect yourself against this.
We will always consider special circumstances, which may be beyond your control, before implementing these charges. Any case will be considered on an individual basis at the full discretion of Birthlight.