(for Russian insurance please see От чего защитит полис? СТРАХОВКА ПАМЯТКА)
It is MANDATORY for all Birthlight trainees and certificate/diploma holders to be insured.
If you are resident of the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Channel Island, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Isle of Man, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom, you can apply with our recommended insurance BGi.uk as they cover all Birthlight teaching areas.
Birthlight Practitioner’s Indemnity Insurance:
To teach you must have valid insurance and you do need to have up-to-date Birthlight membership to apply for the preferential rate we have established for Birthlight members with BGi.uk. The comprehensive policy from BGi.uk currently costs £78.33 (price quotes in 2017).
BGi.uk has confirmed that in the specific case of Baby Yoga, there is no restriction on the careful teaching of the moves included in your syllabus including gentle inversions. Please contact BGi.uk directly for further information and to arrange cover.
Tel: 01367 246157
Contact: Jade Brooks
If you are covered through another provider, please send us a copy of your Insurance Certificate to the Birthlight office. Please make sure that you have carefully read all the terms and conditions of your insurance policy before starting your practice. This is particularly important for Birthlight teachers and module certificate holders in ‘Nurturing Baby Massage’ and ‘Baby Yoga’.
Summary of Insurance for Birthlight Certified Teachers
This insurance has been designed for residents in EU. Whilst the cover is provided on a worldwide basis (other than America and Canada) claims shall be governed and construed in accordance with each country’s law and subject to each country’s jurisdiction.
The Insurance cover arranged by BGi.uk for Birthlight and its members is only available and valid for current Birthlight Members.
The Insurance cover arranged by BGi.uk for Holistic Therapies Key facts:
- Public liability £5,000,000
- Product Liability Insurance £5,000,000
- Professional Indemnity and Malpractice £5,000,000
- Business Equipment £5000
- Available to members residing in the EU (All premiums payable in GB pounds) Operative anywhere in the world with the exception of USA & Canada
- Definition of Business is extended to include provision of teaching/advice/treatment as agreed by insurers.
- It is warranted that all volunteers/employees must have adequate qualifications and/or training in the agreed activities before undertaking those activities
- This insurance extends to include liability arising out of the provision of advice or design given for a fee but only in connection with activities agreed by insurers
NOTE: For GDPR compliance, BGI says ‘The Insured shall, at all times, maintain accurate and descriptive records of all Professional services and equipment used in Procedures which shall be available for inspection and use by Newline or their duly appointed representatives. These records shall be retained for a period of at least ten (10) years from the date of Treatment or Therapy’.