Optimising Pelvic Floor Tone the Birthlight Way
- Saturday 19th September 10.30am-1pm
- £20/25 (members/non-members) If you are a member please login to activate your automatic discount (£5 discount).
- 2.5 hour workshop/ mini CPD open to everyone
- Tutor: Belinda Staplehurst
- Format: Livestream session via Zoom (you will receive an invite link via email)
Join this workshop to deepen your understanding and knowledge of how to use Yoga-based practices to care for the female pelvic floor in both a preventive and therapeutic way at different life stages. There will be a particular focus on how to enable optimal tone after childbirth and moving forward through women’s lives such as during the menopause and beyond.
This workshop is ideal for teachers wishing to refresh their understanding of how to integrate pelvic floor practices in their classes as well as for students wishing to deepen their own understanding.
There will be a presentation followed by some simple but effective practices developed by Birthlight which has pioneered a joyfully embodied approach to Yoga appreciated worldwide.
Participants will find it useful to have available:
- A chair
- Some wall space
- A couple of yoga blocks
- A long cotton scarf (rebozo)
Participants will receive a link to the recording as well as a handout with key points from the talk. Birthlight reserves the right to distribute and sell the recording. Anyone not wishing to appear in the recording can mute themselves at all times as the recording will be set to active speaker mode.
Talk (theory)- maximum one hour
- Overview of issues commonly affecting the pelvic floor, such as incontinence and prolapse
- Overview of pelvic floor anatomy
- What is the aim of working with the pelvic floor? Review of common practices
- Intro to Birthlight approach = balance of tone and release, integration with nervous system, integrated with optimal alignment and the breath, micro-movements.
Practice– one and a half hours
- Experiencing working with the pelvic floor in a range of ‘zero balance’ positions
- Incorporating transitions and Birthlight funny walks
- Going deeper into awareness with the breath and props
- Experiencing the pelvic floor in inversions
- Brief relaxation
Q & A – half hour (max)