The New Method for Submission & Marking of Coursework
As of June 2020 we started using a new, less expensive, simpler method for students to submit coursework. The 4 simple steps are:
- The students create their own free, personal box.com account (10gb free) and put their coursework in there and when finished they email a link to the tutor (There is instructions for them on our website about how to create their own, free, personal box.com account).**
- The tutor then clicks on that link and has a look at their coursework and writes up an evaluation of the coursework using a template supplied by Birthlight (email Kirsteen or Carol Anne for this template).
- Once finished writing up this evaluation the tutor emails a copy of the evaluation to: 1. the student 2. to email@example.com and puts a copy of the evaluation on G Suite (just click on the link we send you via email to access the folder – it has a foldername of the pattern: “<location> – <date> – <course type> – <tutor>” similar to how it was done on box.com before).
- Finally, the tutor should email the Birthlight office & Coordinators (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com) in order that the office can prepare the certificate and record that the diploma/teaching certificate has been awarded into the Birthlight records database (i.e. MindbodyOnline database)
Tips for Successful Course Marking
- Communicate well with your students about their coursework (expectations, confirmation of coursework received, etc)
- When you receive a submission of coursework from a student always be sure to send a confirmation email as soon as possible telling them you have received their submitted coursework (they will be expecting this).
- After marking the coursework don’t forget to notify the Birthlight office and the Course Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com) so that the diploma/certificate can be sent and the award can be recorded in the Birthlight records database.
** Please note that Birthlight does not keep student coursework (ony our evaluation of it). It is the student’s decision if they’d like to keep their coursework or not.